Looking for a quick, easy, tasty dinner recipe? Like spicy? Like tacos? Who doesn’t? Look no further!
I stumbled across this taco recipe when I was browsing one of my new favorite blogs: Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth. Definitely worth checking out. There are lots of healthy recipes and treats to try! Anyway, I was home alone and hungry… as usual… and wanted to make something a little more exciting than hummus and toast. So, spicy tacos were calling my name.
I modified the recipe slightly from the original and take note this serves one! So feel free to double it to make more. Enjoy!
What you need:
2 soft taco sized corn tortillas
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup shredded or finely chopped carrot
1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1/4 package extra firm tofu
1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil or maybe try some coconut oil… nom!
1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 small avocado or 1/4 of a big one
- Let’s start with the tofu. Before you do anything, try to remove as much water as you can using a paper towel to absorb excess liquid. I usually wrap it in paper towel, give it a squeeze and let it sit for awhile…. like 5 mins. I have ADD.
- While your tofu is hanging out, chop your kale and carrots! Ok now you can chop your tofu into little cubes.
- Heat up a pan to medium/high heat. Mix sesame oil, soy sauce, and Sriracha add to pan. Add the cubed tofu and cook on each side for approx 3 minutes until edges become firm.
- Once the tofu has finished cooking, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Turn your pan down to medium/low heat and add your veggie broth. Let it heat up for a minute, then toss in the kale and carrots. Cook veggies for just a few mins or until they’ve reached desired firmness. I like em a little crispy!
- While your veggies cook, heat up your tortillas in another pan set to medium/high heat. You probably need 10 – 20 seconds on each side, until they start to brown just a little.
- Ok, ready? It’s taco assembly time! Here we go: taco, veggies, tofu, avocado, sesame seeds. Dinner. Boom. Drop the mic.
What’d you think? This yummy meal was long gone before I thought to try coconut oil with this, but you should because I bet it’d be delicious, happy cooking veggie lovers!
Adapted from Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth